10 Uses for a Lanmodem
- Y'know those reaches where a cinderblock isn't quite high enough,
but two cinderblocks are too high?
- Prop open that stubborn door.
- Keep that canoe from drifting too far.
- Regulate your dirigible's ballast in convenient five-pound
- Who needs the Door Club when you've got a LanModem and some nails?
- Mosaic MLBs together for keen techno wall-coverings.
- No discus? No problem!
- Plane or car rolling away? Chock those wheels!
- Igloos in July? Not a problem with the LanModem.
- Protect that expensive counter-top from butcher-knife scars.
I helped to instigate this list at an old job. A Lanmodem is a
rather outdated piece of networking equipment that we had to deal
with. It generated a great deal of animosity, and this was a way for
us to blow off some frustration. However, it seems some people
higher-up in the company were, shall we say, displeased about it. No
sense of humor. Originally it was only internal, but that attitude
really bugged me, and I don't work there anymore, so, here it is.